Pages

Friday, June 7, 2013

Follow Friday - Favorites for June 7, 2013

Favorites is my weekly list of favorite genealogy, history and random finds from across the Net.
John at Filiopietism Prism reminisces about his first time
His life as a black Civil War Living Historian and part II
Jenny at Are My Roots Showing shares her electronic genealogy filing system
Poore Boys in Gray shares a method to translate pesky Civil War terms in to today's language
Read this and you'll be able to detect chemical weapons by smell, too.
Learn more about Flag Day at Fold3.org
Tips for finding free genealogy data from Family Tree Magazine
Check out the progress by the NARA to improve their digital access
A long ago war, a missing plane and an enduring mystery: part I, part II, part III
CNN's Summer in the Parks series highlights Grand Tetons National Park

2 comments:

John said...

Thank you for the mention Heather! I have to admit I had some fun writing this one. ;-)

I'm glad you found it worthy of mention in your Follow Friday feature and hope that others might read it, get a kick out of it, and maybe even find some useful information for their own brick wall assaults.

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

You are welcome, John. I thought it was a great read!