Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday Sin: Living versus dead

I made a realization over Christmas (which was soon forgotten in the post-Christmas recovery): I may know more about the dead than I do the living. I am so very fanatical about genealogy and finding that next relative, that I sometimes forget the relative that I could actually call. Stories from the present are just as important as stories from the past. I live far away from my relatives, but that doesn't mean I can't keep in touch by telephone, email or even Facebook. So one of my genealogy resolutions will be to maintain better contact with the living. After all, if it weren't for the dead they wouldn't be here. (Thank you to Threading needles in a haystack: the genealogy journey for the reminder of my forgotten resolution!)

No comments: