Pages

Friday, May 25, 2012

Family Recipe Friday - French Dip sandwiches

I wrote a few days ago about my obsession with Pinterest...another thing that pulls me in are the food photos! My family has already been forced to endure new recipes that I have scrounged from Pinterest. This one is definitely a keeper. I don't have any photos to show because we scarfed it down too quick...which is indicator enough that these sandwiches are great.

4 lb rump roast
1 (10.5 oz) can of beef broth
1 (10.5 oz) can of french onion soup
1 bottle of beer
Butter
French bread
your favorite cheese

Trim the fat off of your roast and place it in a slow cooker. Pour in the broth, soup and beer. Cook on low setting for seven hours. (I also added a few drops of Kitchen Bouquet). Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spread butter on bread and toast for 10 minutes or until crispy. Slice the roast diagonally and serve on bread with cheese slices. The leftover cooking juices make plenty of au jous. Enjoy!

No comments: