Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Help Stamp out Hunger - Follow Friday

Genealogists love the post office. Or rather, this genealogist does. They are the deliverers of genealogical gems from copies of wills to packets of photographs. (I choose to ignore the fact that they are also the bearers of bills.) I have sent countless inquiries through the U.S. Postal Office and waited semi-patiently for the potential gold that a response would bring. So it should come as no surprise that I am a big fan of the post office. That being said, tomorrow is the Letter Carriers' Food Drive to Stamp Out Hunger. Simply leave non-perishable items at your mail box tomorrow, May 14, and your letter carrier will deliver them to a local food bank. Too easy. Okay, this is a bit of a stretch as far as the guidelines of the "Follow Friday" prompt go, but I love getting mail and I love helping people so it is a perfect fit. For more information visit http://www.helpstampouthunger.com/.

No comments: