Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Advent Calendar of Christmas memories - Christmas Gifts

My father is the best at finding just the right Christmas present. I can only think of a few bombs in the 30-some-odd-years he has been shopping for me. I'm actually very jealous of his skills. One of my most memorable gifts was a Lionel train that was set up under the tree. And one year I received a beautiful set of white furniture with gold accents. It included a canopy bed that made me feel just like a princess, which is odd because I was not very girly. I loved that furniture, and later in life I would use the canopy bars to play stuffed-animal baseball, but that is a story for another time.
Myself, my brother and our dog Sandy. Note the sweet white bed in the background. You can also just see a GI Joe box for my brother.

No comments: