Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Follow Friday - Favorites for September 20, 2013

Favorites is my weekly list of favorite genealogy, history and random finds from across the Net.
11 nouns that only have a plural form
For my parent readers: a grocery-store tantrum does not a bad parent make
11 reasons Agatha Christie was as interesting as her characters
Modern marketing trailer for Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Epic.
An attempt to fit the entire Civil War on a single chart
Finding the source title of images at Family Search
Dying of laughter at Cubbage Genealogy
Vintage photo table runner
Darth Vader's family ties
Mystery boy donates $10.03 to local police
Another great obituary remembering "the man, the myth" Freddie McCullough
Genealogy Roadshow premiers next week on PBS
Is your family history archive ready for a disaster?
Cocktail secrets from the Union Army
Uncle Sam: The Man and the Meme
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

Wendy said...

Even without reading the blog, I'm sure the answer is YES, my family archive is ready for disaster. Still, I must read.

Jacqi Stevens said...

My family archive is a disaster! ;)

I had to take a look at the post you mentioned on condensing the entirety of the Civil War onto one chart. It put me in mind of the chart of Napoleon's march to Russia, which I first learned about via Edward Tufte, author of Beautiful Evidence. A great concept, this diagramming on one page--evidently with a significant history of its own.

Nancy said...

Thank you for including my link, Heather, and thanks for pointing your readers to all the others.

Laura said...

Thanks for the mention!