Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Treasure Chest Thursday - Hot Wheels

I have always been a tomboy. I'm not very good at typical "girl" things (doing hair, playing with babies, etc.) and I never have been. I am very good at playing with Hot Wheels, though. (Please note that in my world all small metal cars are called Hot Wheels, regardless of the brand!) I have always loved my Hot Wheels and had a massive collection of them growing up. I vividly remember driving them around the large maple tree in our front yard, creating a dirt trail and race track.

When I was in high school I came home one day and found a ton of trash bags by the curb. Apparently my dad had been spring cleaning...which included my room. Turns out he had thrown out my Hot Wheels! What the what? We spent the next hour going through each trash bag until we found them again. You do NOT throw away a girl's car collection.

I recently moved in to a new house and am still unpacking. Yesterday I came across what is left of my Hot Wheels collection and had to break a moment to remember the fun of driving them. I am very lucky to have two little boys that also love to play cars...though they won't get their hands on these treasures!

6 comments:

Jacqi Stevens said...

Awwww...maybe someday???

Laura said...

Love it! My brother had tons of cars that we played with too. My boys always correct me ... I call them Matchbox cars (instead of Hot Wheels)!

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

Maybe when they are 30!

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

Thanks, Laura! My boys live their cars, too. I always wanted a girl, but I think it has worked out for the best!

Wendy said...

A dad who spring-cleans? Now that's a novelty in my world.

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

Ha! My dad is certainly unique.