Pages

Friday, August 16, 2013

Follow Friday - Favorites for August 16, 2013

Favorites is my weekly list of favorite genealogy, history and random finds from across the Net.
The legend of Oregon Trail
The 1909 road trip that proved women could drive 
First editions of famous magazines
Do you recognize this handsome gent in a bowler?
Boxers, Briefs of Loincloth? A brief history of men's underwear
DNA test prompts FBI to re-open 49-year-old kidnapping case
The British medic, the US Doughboy and the French post mistress: Tale of WW1 love and bravery
The lessons of the battle of Gettysburg
Do NOT steal this guy's mail
Letters from the front at Digging Up Roots
She saved napkins? At Who Knew?
The Family Recorder finds current newspapers can have genealogy gold, too
Family (non) secrets at The Family Shrubbery
Man finds historic papers in bathroom remodel
Throwback: 15 minutes of ColecoVision
Good thoughts on blog comments at MYOG Genealogy

5 comments:

Debi Austen said...

Wow, thanks so much for the mention, Heather!

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

You are very welcome, Debi! I was drawn to your story because I have several napkins in my collection, too. ;)

Wendy said...

I love how you always throw in at least one eye-popper! (Not yours, Debi ;-) )

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

Tee hee, Wendy. I do my best!

Debi Austen said...

So which one is the eye-popper? I couldn't get the 'stealing mail' one to open but haven't checked all the rest yet. I want to go right to the good stuff. LOL!