Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Follow Friday - Favorites for August 2, 2013

Favorites is my weekly list of favorite genealogy, history and random finds from across the Net.
Whatever happened to Agnes?
A great article about useful Civil War veteran records at Poore Boys in Gray
A random act of genealogical kindness to make you smile at Know Their Stories
U.S. veteran in North Korea to uphold a promise to fulfill a 63-year-old promise
New Google Maps app with cool new features
For my crafting friends: tips for perfect pressing
Breathtaking libraries from around the world
Beautiful architectural illustrations by Carlos Diniz
The one that got away at Before My Time
A southern homecoming at Celebrating Family Stories
Secret treasures in CIA museum
50 shades of summer: Summer across the 50 states
Has technology killed handwriting?
Nancy at My Ancestors and Me shares the story of the Civil War's hundred-days Men

4 comments:

Erin said...

Wow, thanks for including my post on this list, Heather! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'm off to check out the other links right now.

Erin @ Know Their Stories

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

You are very welcome Erin, thanks for the great content!

Wendy said...

Such a variety! I haven't read the blog yet, but I'm pretty sure the answer is YES to whether technology has killed handwriting. It certainly has in my case.

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

Wendy, my handwriting has always been horrible, so I can only blame myself. But I've been told that some schools don't even teach cursive anymore. What?