Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tuesday's Tune - Mickey Mouse Disco

Mickey Mouse Disco album cover by K. Dooley at Flickr
I am a child of the seventies. And in the radiant glory of rust-colored shag carpet and avocado appliances I danced to disco. Yes, disco.

As I have mentioned before, my family has always loved music and I grew up in a time of albums. My family would hang out in my parents' room and throw album after album on the record player. My parents would watch my brother and I come up with crazy dance moves. The best album was Mickey Mouse Disco filled with can't-forget numbers like Watch Out for Goofy and Macho Duck. Last night on my XM radio I heard Macho Duck and couldn't help but shed a few tears remembering the good days...or rather missing them.

The album was released in 1979 and included new hits and disco versions of Disney classics:

"Disco Mickey Mouse" - 4:00
"Welcome to Rio" - 3:23
"The Greatest Band" - 4:10
"Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah" - 2:13
"Macho Duck" - 4:36
"Mousetrap" - 2:56
"Watch Out for Goofy!" - 3:30
"It's a Small World" - 2:28
"Chim Chim Cher-ee" - 2:10

Enjoy!

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Too cute! I kept one box of albums when I got my first CD player and Saturday Night Fever is lurking in there. That sure brings back some good memories of the fun my friends and I had dancing to it. Tuesday's Tune is a great idea for a weekly prompt.

zelsersk said...

So fun! We had a few kid records but my parents had a few hundred vinyls that we'd play on that turntable and dance to. Great memories. My kids don't even know what a record player looks like. I like "Tuesday's Tune". You may start that trend with this.

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

My parents still have their 45s and my husband has a turntable. We'll introduce our kids to records when they won't break them!

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

Hmm, I think this was the only kid album we had. All those records! Such great memories. I'm glad you like the prompt, feel free to use it!

Yvonne Demoskoff said...

I don't remember this album, Heather, but disco music sure brings back lots of memories for me, too. I loved dancing to it on as many weekend nights I could manage at my town's only disco. Thanks for the trip back in time!

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

You are welcome, Yvonne!