Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Follow Friday - Favorites for March 29, 2013

Favorites is my weekly list of favorite genealogy, history and random finds from across the Net.
What did Revolutionary Soldiers carry in their pockets?
I'm not a scrapbooker, but I thought this kit looked awesome for saving family memories
John at Filopietism Prism asks: Have you ever seen one of these?
Lessons in genealogy collaboration
Help tell the story of American agricultural change
Mary at Growing up in Willow Creek found a message in a bottle
Are My Roots Showing says: "You say A.D.D. like it's a bad thing!"
650 WACs Defy the Subs at Climbing My Family Tree
For Heaven's Sake Stop it, a message from the Lost  Battalion
Bon Jovi is a treasure, too!
German Easter traditions at ABT UNK
Nancy at My Ancestors and Me implores you: read newspapers
Wendy shares about her mom's best friends
The waitress, the girl and the broken hamburger

8 comments:

Nancy said...

Thanks for highlighting my post, Heather. I appreciate it. Google newspapers can use all the help they can get and I hope, hope, hope geneabloggers boost the data.

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

As always, you are very welcome Nancy. Based on your tip I went and did some searches for my family at Google Newspapers. A few brief searches didn't find much, but I think it is worth exploring more!

Wendy said...

Thanx Heather! Such a surprise being included. I also appreciate that you share so many good blogs that I wouldn't know about otherwise.

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

Wendy, you are welcome! And in a funny twist, I was on ebay last night looking for old photo albums (a secret passion). Anyway, one of the photos in the albums looked so similar to the one on your post with the two women sitting at a table between to men that I had to head to your blog and see if it was the same group of people! Turns out it wasn't, but your post obviously stuck with me!

Amanda said...

Thank you for including my post, Heather! Glad you enjoyed it!

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

No problem, Amanda! Your post reminded me of my time in Germany...spring and Easter were one of my favorite times there.

Marian B. Wood said...

Wow, I really appreciate your mentioning my "650 WACs" entry. It was quite an adventure and I'm only sorry my aunt never talked about that voyage. Happy April!

Heather Kuhn Roelker said...

You are very welcome, Marian. I loved the story...I'm a sucker for military history!